Hotline acts as a full-fledged support portal for your business enquiries on Facebook Messenger with advanced features like IntelliAssign, Smart Plugs, Chrome Notifications and a host of other features. Hotline essentially scales your support to interact with and handle incessant incoming messages on Facebook Messenger without having to increase your manpower. When a user sends a text on your Messenger inbox, the agents will receive it in their Hotline inbox from where they can reply to all customer queries and issues. The user will receive it as a message on their Messenger app. Multiple agents working on different issues can handle them all from one place, as Hotline acts as the perfect chat support tool that helps you manage your presence on Facebook.
To integrate your app with Facebook Messenger, follow these steps.
Subscribing to the Page:
You can ignore this step if the page has already been created on Facebook
1. Create a new Facebook Page
- Open this page
- Select the category and fill in all the details for the page.
2. Create a new Facebook App:
- Open this page
- Type the name for your app, fill in all the details and create the app
- Once you finish all the steps, you will see this.
- Click on about and then on pageInfo
- Now search for - “Facebook Page ID”
- Copy the value and paste it inside the “Page ID” input box in Hotline.
4. Adding the app ID
- Go to your Facebook app dashboard
- You will find the App ID on the top left corner next to the sidebar
- Copy the App ID and paste it in the App ID input box in Hotline
5. Now go to your app page
- Click on the app which has been created by you.
- Now click on Add Product
- A Product Setup page will open.
- Go to Mesenger and click Get Started on your facebook developer dashboard
- Under Token Generation, choose the Page for which the Page Access Token needs to be created.
- Facebook will request you to grant access to your public profile information. Click OK.
- Your Page Access Token has now been created
- Once done, copy the Page Access Token and paste it inside the Page Token input box in Hotline
- Now click on Subscribe button in Hotline to subscribe to the page
6. Setting Up webhooks:
- Choose Messenger from the sidebar of your facebook developer dashboard
- Under webhooks, click Setup Webhooks
- A dialog box pops up with input fields for callback URL, Verify Token and Subscription fields
To fill in the Callback URL input box:
- Go to Messenger integration on Hotline
- Copy the Webhook URL and Hotline Token from Hotline
- Paste Webhook URL in the Callback URL field and Hotline Token in Verify Token as in the images
- Now go back to the Facebook Page
- Select all the Subscription fields and click on Verify and Save
- Click Select a Page and choose the relevant page and then click Subscribe
- Note: Only if you do this the webhook will get page events
7. App Verification
To submit the app for verification:
- Click on App review on your facebook developer dashboard
For pages_messaging, Click Add Submission and then on Edit notes and fill in all the required details and save it.
- Once all the above steps are done, Submit your app for review.