Agents do not want to miss out on messages or lose immediacy while receiving messages or replying to important conversations they are part of. Hotline's desktop notifications feature makes sure your support agents are aware of conversations - so they get notified even if they are working on a different browser tab or application window. Also referred to as Chrome notification settings, they are specific to Chrome and do not work for any other browser.
To set up desktop notifications:
Once you sign in to your account, click the agent profile pic on the top right corner of the screen. A dropdown menu appears. Choose Notification Settings.
- A dialog box appears with options.
- You can choose to receive notifications during the following scenarios:
- When a message is sent on a conversation you are assigned to
- When a message is sent on any conversation
- When any new conversation is started
- When a conversation has been specifically assigned to you
Click and check the ones most relevant to your conversation needs
Click 'Enable desktop notifications'
Your desktop notifications have now been enabled
- In case you want to change your notification settings in future, you can change them by going to Settings > Your Account