NOTE: To have the Freshdesk Integration enabled with Hotline, you need to be on a plan above the SPROUT PLAN on Freshdesk
To set up the Freshdesk integration in Hotline:
Choose Integrations from the side panel on the left in your Hotline account.
You will be directed to the Freshdesk Integration page.
There are three steps that need to be fulfilled:
- Enabling Ticket Creation
- Sync FAQs
There are a couple of prerequisites you will need for authorization:
- Freshdesk Portal Name
- Freshdesk API key
You will have to do the following to perform the Authorization
1. To access your portal URL, sign in to your Freshdesk account.2. You can find it by going to Admin -> Portals on Freshdesk
3. Click on View Portal on the right hand side, to open the portals page
4. Copy the Portal URL from the address bar. (domainname.freshdesk.com)
5. Paste the Portal URL in the Portal URL field on Hotline.
6. Next step will be to add your Admin User Token on the Freshdesk Integration Page in Hotline
7. For that you will have to access your Freshdesk API Key.
8. To access your Freshdesk API Key, do the following:
- As a Freshdesk Admin, go to your profile settings by clicking on your photo on the top right.
- You should find your API on the right column below Change Password.
- Your Freshdesk API key is your Admin User Token on Hotline
- Copy the Freshdesk API Key and paste it on the Admin User Token field on the Hotline Integration page.
9. Click Authorize.
10. Your authorization is now complete.
ENABLE TICKET CREATION
1. Convert Hotline conversations to Freshdesk tickets by clicking on Edit
2. Turn on the Push Hotline conversations to Freshdesk option
3. Hit Save
Your ticket creation has now been enabled.
4. Create a new observer rule on Freshdesk
- On Freshdesk portal, Go to Admin
- Under Helpdesk Productivity section, click Observer.
- Select New Rule from the top right corner
- Create a new rule with a name and description
- Under 'When Any of these events occur', set the following:
- Note is added, Type - Public
- Reply is sent
- Status is changed From Any status To Any Status
Under and the events are performed by option, choose Agent and add the name of the agent
Under 'on tickets with these properties' choose 'Match ALL of the below' and set the Source as MobiHelp
- Set the Tag as 'Contains any of' and add HL-<your app name>. In this image below, it is HL-Demo
- Under 'Perform these actions', pick the action ‘Trigger Webhook’.
Select 'POST' as the Request Type.
Copy the following information from the Callback URL field on the Hotline integration page (Refer to Step 3 under Enable Ticket Creation) and paste it in the Callback URL section of Freshdesk.
On Freshdesk, check ‘Requires Authentication’ option. An authentication field gets generated.
Click ‘I have API key?’ option.
- Copy the “Authentication” field content from hotline.io and paste it here in the API key field.
- On Freshdesk, select Encoding as JSON and choose Advanced.
- From hotline.io page, copy the Content field info and paste it on the Content field on Freshdesk.
- Your ‘perform these actions’ section should look similar to the image below
- Once done, hit Save.
Your ticket creation has now been enabled.
- On Hotline, Click on Edit next to the Import FAQs from Freshdesk option.
You will see a Import to Hotline field and a Previously Imported field. Import to Hotline is the field that requires you to choose the FAQs you want to import from Freshdesk to Hotline. Previously Imported field shows the FAQs that have already been imported. That field will be empty if you are yet to import your FAQs from Freshdesk
Note: There's a Do not Overwrite Category Title and Description option on the Freshdesk integration page. If you keep this checked, on further sync your title and description will be preserved and not be overwritten even if it is changed in Freshdesk.
HOW DOES IT WORK?In Freshdesk there are three levels - Categories, Folders and Articles, whereas in Hotline we support only two levels - Categories and Articles.To make it compatible, the Freshdesk Folders become Hotline FAQ Categories. The Articles are maintained under each Category in Hotline.You can import all Published articles in Freshdesk that are Visible to All users and Visible to Logged in Users.Solutions that are visible only to Agents and Selected companies will not be shown in the list for import.